Competence development has the goal
- Strengthen strengths
- to leverage potential for improvement
- Weaknesses to weaken
Through future-oriented competence development, employees and managers at all levels are prepared to master current and future tasks.
There are many ways to develop competencies. These range from training, coaching, e-learning, self-coaching packages, literature to competence development with the help of AR/VR technologies.
The starting point for competence development is the potential analysis as a form of competence diagnostics in order to identify strengths as well as potential for improvement and thus create the basis for targeted competence development.
The 4 essential steps of competence development are:
- Define function-specific competencies relevant to success
- Accurately diagnose or evaluate competencies
- Targeted recommendation for competence [further] development
- Carry out individually tailored competence development